Administrative Assistant to the Women’s Philanthropy Team
The Greater Miami Jewish Federation is the heart of the Miami Jewish community, convening community members who envision, plan, and raise funds for a strong and vibrant Jewish future. Federation mobilizes human and financial resources to care for those in need, strengthen Jewish life, and advance the unity, values and shared purpose of the Jewish people.
Women’s Philanthropy works to support the mission of the GMJF. Working in a team environment, this position provides administrative support to the Women’s Philanthropy dept. to ensure efficient operation.
• Computer proficiency: Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point are essential. Most importantly, the ability to apply all aspects of the Federation’s donor base computer system, with the ability to utilize merge functions in all of these programs. Experience with mail merges. Competency with other database programs a plus.
• Interpersonal skills: Excellent people skills, patience, and courtesy required to ensure great customer service with volunteers, staff, and vendors in person and by telephone.
• Planning/organizing: Ability to plan work activities, multi-task, and use time efficiently. Requires excellent organization and continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
• Adaptability: The individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Maintains confidentiality: Ability to deal with sensitive material discreetly and confidentially.
• Dependability: The individual is consistently on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Written and oral communication: Command of the English including written and oral communication skills; professional telephone manner. Spanish speaker a plus
• Self-motivated - able to operate without constant supervision.
• Team player- work with multiple professional staff
• Knowledge and understanding of Jewish culture a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
• Answer and direct phone calls, take messages and relay necessary information.
• Open, sort and distribute mail and other correspondence.
• Become a proficient user of the Federation’s donor database program.
• Prepare thank you letters by running weekly mailing process through donor database program. When necessary, make thank you calls to contributors, as well.
• Create various reports through donor database program and organize them for quick access.
• Ensure readiness for meetings/events – order food, book room, materials (tags, pledge cards, assignments, agendas), set up phone line for conference calls, request AV equipment, confirm and follow up as needed.
• Assist with special events – recruitment, couvert collection, work registration at events, etc.
• Process pledge cards.
• Process payments
• Prepare and submit expense reports/invoices etc. for processing.
• Handle petty cash and maintain records of transactions.
• Maintain appropriate levels of office supplies and materials.
• Maintain office tidiness.
• Create and send birthday, anniversary and condolence cards.
• Prepare mailings- letters, greeting cards, invitations, etc.
• Maintain contact lists and board/committee lists.
• Research information on contributors and non-contributors when requested.
• Manage the Lion of Judah Pin updating/inventory process
• Working across depts. as needed
High school diploma or GED, Bachelor’s degree preferred; four or more years of experience, training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
E-mail resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.