Administrative Assistant for the Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC), Mishkan Miami: The Jewish Connection for Spiritual Support, Rabbinical Association of Greater Miami (RAGM)
ABOUT THE FEDERATION
The Greater Miami Jewish Federation mobilizes human and financial resources for the Jewish community locally, in Israel, and around the world.
ABOUT OUR DEPARTMENTS
The JCRCisa standing Committee of the Greater Miami Jewish Federation, serves as the public policy and advocacy arm of the Federation and is the instrument through which the organized Jewish community can explore and develop policies on issues affecting the community. Under its government affairs component, the JCRC is responsible for efforts to maximize government funding that is available for programs and services operated by Federation beneficiary agencies, and for efforts to promote social policies that enhance the quality of life for all people.
Mishkan Miami: The Jewish Connection for Spiritual Support, is a program that employs experienced chaplains who work closely with communal clergy and highly committed volunteers. The program provides pastoral care in hospitals and managed care facilities to some of the most vulnerable in the community. In addition, the program organizes volunteer training in spiritual care and convenes numerous conferences for community professionals, including social workers, clergy and health care professionals.
RAGMis the Rabbinical Association of Greater Miami. The program employs experienced chaplains who work closely with communal clergy and highly committed volunteers. The program provides pastoral care in hospitals and managed care facilities to some of the most vulnerable in the community. In addition, the program organizes volunteer training in spiritual care and convenes numerous conferences for community professionals, including social workers, clergy and health care professionals.
This position provides administrative support to the director of Mishkan Miami: The Director for Spiritual Support and the director of the JCRC.
• EVENTS AND PROGRAMS:Our departments convene and/or co-sponsor numerous programs and events throughout the year. They range from reglulary scheduled member and task force meetings to one-time communitywide programs and/or conferences. Each event requires administrative support in executing the logisitics and administration. Activities in this area include: room reservation, placement of event on calendars, RSVP management, ordering food, registration management, payment processing, preparation of name tags, copying materials, taking minutes and any other duties that may be needed. With Director manage Indigent Burial program to include tracking invoices, submitting check requests, coordinating plot donations and related communication and correspondence.
• BASIC DEPARTMENTAL FUNCTIONS:Support the flow of work for the various departments, helping maintain multiple calendars, scheduling meetings and events, assisting in managing the directors’ schedules. Support the flow of communications as well as other basic functions, such as copying, mailing, faxing, creating invoices, and check requests. Enter data of committee membership and meeting attendance into Blackbaud (CRM). Coordinate monthly billing to agencies with contractual relationships with Mishkan Miami and bereavement mailing on a monthly basis. With the fiscal department, manage and track Chaplaincy Department expenses and Rabbinical Association finances.
• CREATIVE DESIGN SKILLS: Ability to create marketing materials, flyers and invitations using Publisher and other programs.
• ORGANIZATION-WIDE FUNCTIONS:Support major organization-wide fundraising events in areas such as registration and, along with the other assistants, cover reception when the receptionist is not available.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
• Excellent computer skills:This includes basic programs such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Quickbooks and Blackbaud (CRM). Also, able to understand and learn basic database input, querying, reporting, and exporting. Able to learn new technology quickly.
• Excellent people skills:Able to communicate and provide quality customer service to community members, including high level leadership.
• Planning/Organizing: Strong organization skills, attention to detail/record keeping, ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, self-manage and see processes through fruition.
• Highly efficient: Good time management with ability to meet deadlines.
• Communications: Strong written and oral communications skills. Proficient in English grammar and proofreading.
• Fast Paced:Able to work in a dynamic, active environment with constant activity.
• Adaptable/Team Player:Able to shift gears as priorities change. Positive outlook.
• Integrity: Ability to deal with sensitive material discreetly and confidentially.
• Knowledge and understanding of Jewish culture desired.
High school diploma or GED, Bachelor’s degree preferred; four or more years of experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com.
Greater Miami Jewish Federation is an equal opportunity employer.