Five Great Reasons to Go on the Miami Mega Mission
By Katy Boyask on 08/23/2011 @ 11:06 AM
Miami Mega Mission Israel 2012 will be the largest community-wide journey organized by the Greater Miami Jewish Federation in 16 years. Miami has a history of supporting the people of Israel and our goal of 800 participants reflects our ongoing commitment and solidarity. Our exciting plans for next April have already created a buzz in Miami, across the country and in Israel.
Working for the Greater Miami Jewish Federation and staffing many missions, we hear lots of feedback from participants about why missions are so worthwhile and eye-opening. We are sharing five great reasons to go on the Mega Mission — and you may think of a sixth or seventh reason yourself.
1) The power of community. Unlike anywhere else in the world, traveling to Israel with your peer group adds to the experience and makes it even more special.
2) The Greater Miami Jewish Federation has access to Israel’s best sites, guides, speakers and leaders.
3) Our El Al charter plane provides the only round-trip, non-stop flight from Miami to Tel Aviv. Land-only participants have the flexibility of extending their stay or making additional travel plans.
4) 18 buses will have custom-made itineraries and will join together for five spectacular Mega Events. This combination of intimate and large-scale gatherings will offer a personal and communal journey unlike any other.
5) Creating meaningful friendships and memories during a life-changing Jewish experience doesn’t stop after returning home to Miami. This is just the beginning!