NCJW Miami: You Be The Judge - Why The Courts Matter
Posted by Amy Bloom on 10/17/2018 @ 10:34 AM
A Free, Interactive Experience Presented by The National Council of Jewish Women Greater Miami Section
*Host Committee: Nicole Graham, Mara Leventhal, Joni Meiselman & Lori Sobel
Tuesday, October 23 7 – 9pm Temple Israel of Greater Miami 137 NE 19th Street, Miami, FL 33132 Free Parking across the street and Light Refreshments.
This event is free and open to the public with RSVP. RSVP required to attend.
Join us for an evening of dynamic civic engagement training:
● Play the part of a federal judge and “decide” an important case.
● Learn how to ensure the federal bench is fair, independent, and diverse.
● Confidently understand our federal court system and how it impacts you.
● Led by Lindsay Morris, NCJW Inc. Associate Director, Government Affairs and Advocacy Department
● With an introduction by Nancy Ratzan, Honorary President of NCJW Inc. and Common Cause National Policy Chair
Thank you to our Sponsors: Progress Florida Education Institute MANDEL LAW GROUP, PA Akerman, LLP Elizabeth F. Schwartz, Esq. LLORENTE & HECKLER, P.A.
Thank you to our Partner Organizations: ACLU of Florida Greater Miami Chapter ADL Florida Catalyst Miami League of Women Voters Miami-Dade Miami-Dade chapter of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers Miami Next Leaders Temple Israel of Greater Miami The Commonwealth Institute The Women's Fund Miami-Dade The Women's Law Society at FIU WMN Miami (Women's Movement Now)
*In Formation, to join contact Amy Bloom at (305) 697-9028 or firstname.lastname@example.org.