Outreach & Engagement AssociateThe Outreach & Engagement Associate is responsible for understanding trends in the field related to Jewish engagement; overseeing programs and projects which further Jewish identity and engagement; and facilitating deeper connections with the people and land of Israel.
This position reports to the Director of Israel & Overseas and Director of Community Planning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as lead staff on all planning functions related to Jewish identity and Israel engagement and related committees
• Keep abreast of research and trends in the area of Jewish identity and Israel engagement
• Develop, manage and/or liaise with programs that provide outreach to under-engaged populations and or serve to strengthen Jewish identity
• In concert with the Director of Israel & Overseas, serve as Federation point person on local Israel engagement and Miami/Yerucham Partnership people-to-people efforts
• Maintain accurate programmatic and financial records for relevant programs and develop and present reports as appropriate
• In conjunction with appropriate lay and professional leadership, oversee the distribution of scholarship funding
• Promote Federation efforts in Jewish and Israel engagement through presentations to professional and lay leadership as well as articles/materials which highlight these programs
• Conduct ongoing evaluations of programs and provide reports and recommendations to relevant lay and professional bodies
• Identify public and private grant opportunities and ensure local agencies are aware of such opportunities
• Participate in financial resource development efforts including the preparation of proposals, participation in solicitations and other campaign duties as appropriate
Qualifications and Competencies
• Bachelor’s degree required; Masters Degree preferred in Education, Organizational Development, Human Resource Development, Social Work, Public Administration, Jewish Communal Services or related field
• Three or more years of relevant experience in Jewish communal, non-profit, public sector or related field
• Experience working collaboratively and effectively with lay leaders, volunteers and colleagues
• Passion for the mission of Federation and the Jewish community
• Demonstrated ability to work with volunteers, volunteer leaders and partner agencies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Skilled in research, analysis, program development, management and evaluation
• Proficiency in various computer software programs including MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Greater Miami Jewish Federation is an equal opportunity employer