The Staff Accountant reports to the Controller and is responsible for a variety of accounting functions such as general ledger positing, account reconciliations and analysis, and financial reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with full cycle accounting
• Prepare General Ledger entries as assigned
• Reconcile bank and investment accounts
• Process Accounts Receivable
• Analyze transactions and reconcile General Ledger accounts as assigned
• Support Controller in carrying out accounting responsibilities
• Provide General Ledger mapping for fundraising events / appeals
• Serve as backup on Accounts Payable
• Provide reporting on special projects and internal financial reports as assigned
• Assist in training of new accounting staff
• Assist the department in preparation for the audit
• Recommend process improvements
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required. Minimum 3.5 GPA is preferred.
- One-two years of experience in an accounting function is required.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Work well under pressure with periodic heavy loads in a team environment.
- Good communications skills.
- Proficiency in various computer software programs including MS Office and accounting systems.
Please submit resumes to FederationJobs@gmjf.org.
Greater Miami Jewish Federation is an equal opportunity employer.