WElcOME To thE BOOK OF LIFE
PRESENTED BY THE FOUNDATION OF THE GREATER MIAMI JEWISH FEDERATION AND CREATE A JEWISH LEGACY MIAMI
Inscribe Your Story in the Book of Life
Created by The Foundation of the Greater Miami Jewish Federation in partnership with local agencies, day schools and synagogues, the Book of Life is an online album containing stories and photos of those donors who have generously included the Greater Miami Jewish Federation and/or any of our Create A Jewish Legacy partner organizations in their estate plan. Below are guidelines for preparing your information for the Book of Life. It is a very simple process and a wonderful way to preserve your legacy.
- • Your personal story can be up to 500 words, accompanied by up to four photographs with captions (if desired).
- • Please submit all materials electronically (by email or on disk or a flash drive) to Jill Hagler with photographs scanned and saved as high-resolution JPG images. If you prefer, you can mail her both your story and photos to be scanned. Both will be returned to you once completed.
- • If you require assistance in writing your own story, please contact Jill Hagler.
Some Questions and Ideas to Consider Before Getting Started:
Your name and the story of what inspires you and your family to give to Jewish causes will be posted online as a living testimony for future generations to view. There is no requirement for the type of material to include in your entry; simply share the thoughts, values and stories that are most meaningful to you and your family.
Important things to keep in mind while writing your story:
- • How do you want to be remembered?
- • What do you want your legacy to be?
- • What are the messages that you want to pass along?
- • What gives your life meaning?
- • What life lessons have you learned?
Other things to consider:
- • Your Jewish roots — starting with your early life
- • What did your Judaism look like at different stages in your life?
- • What was your involvement in Jewish organizations in your early years?
- • What has your involvement been since then?
- • What messages did you get from your family and friends about being Jewish?
- • Who influenced you?
- • What is most important to you regarding Jewish life?
- • What would you like to accomplish with your legacy gift?
- • What do you want people to know about you?
- • Why did you decide to leave a legacy?
- • What is your Jewish journey and how did you get there?
Questions provided by Merle R. Saferstein, educator, author and legacy and story-writing expert
Create a Jewish Legacy (CJL), a program sponsored and presented by The Foundation of the Greater Miami Jewish Federation, is a collaborative effort of area synagogues, agencies and day schools. Representatives of these organizations have received state-of-the-art training in order to become experts and assist community members in creating legacy gifts for the causes they care about today, so those institutions will thrive for generations to come.