JCS of South Florida Continues Community Support
Throughout the pandemic, Federation’s primary human service agency, Jewish Community Services of South Florida (JCS), is providing immediate help the vulnerable and at-risk members of the community. Call 305.576.6550 to reach the helpline, 24/7 every day. JCS is working around the clock to provide a safety net for those in need.
· Food assistance
- Kosher Food Bank is offering boxed groceries at scheduled appointment times
- Meal deliveries for the frail and homebound
- Limited grocery shopper services are available for senior, frail clients that are homebound and/or are self-isolating in order to avert exposure to the virus.
· Home Health Care
- Home Health Aides provided by the Masada Program are specially trained in all health and safety procedures and continue to care for our clients in the Holocaust Services Program with utmost care and unique precautions.
· Job counseling and assistance
· Mental health counseling
- Behavioral Health Counseling staff in all programs are making phone call “check-ins” with their clients. JCS staff will be implementing a pilot Tele-Mental Health Program in April.
· Domestic violence support
· Screening for financial assistance or interest-free loans