I Need Help
The Greater Miami Jewish Federation is working with our community partners to assist those who are most severely impacted by the coronavirus pandemic. We will continue to address the social-service needs of the most vulnerable among us as the situation evolves, ensuring that no one in Jewish Miami stands alone.
Throughout the pandemic, Federation’s primary human service agency, Jewish Community Services of South Florida (JCS), is providing immediate help to the vulnerable and at-risk members of the community. Call 305.576.6550 to reach the helpline, 24/7 every day. JCS is working around the clock to provide a safety net for those in need.
· Food assistance
- Kosher Food Bank is offering boxed groceries at scheduled appointment times
- Meal deliveries for the frail and homebound
- Limited grocery shopper services are available for senior, frail clients that are homebound and/or are self-isolating in order to avert exposure to the virus.
· Home Health Care
- Home Health Aides provided by the Masada Program are specially trained in all health and safety procedures and continue to care for our clients in the Holocaust Services Program with utmost care and unique precautions.
· Job counseling and assistance
· Mental health counseling
- Behavioral Health Counseling staff in all programs are making phone call “check-ins” with their clients. JCS staff will be implementing a pilot Tele-Mental Health Program in April.
· Domestic violence support
· Screening for financial assistance or interest-free loans
Hebrew Free Loan Association of Miami is Offering an Emergency Coronavirus Financial Impact Loan
Continue job hunting, working on your resume and improving your interview skills while social distancing
Beit Issie Shapiro opens a coronavirus hotline to support those with disabilities
Sharsheret is here for you and your family
for different resources from United Way to help small business owners during the coronavirus crisis.
The Israel Trauma Coalition, an organization that supports individuals and communities affected by trauma, has produced materials offering support during the coronavirus crisis. Click here
for advice for parents/caregivers, first responders, psychosocial teams, spiritual leaders, business sectors and medical teams who work with the elderly and those who are in isolation with their families.