Virtual Events and Learning
Social distancing is challenging for anyone, but for Jews, many of our traditions and rituals center around togetherness and sharing. While these measures are a necessary precaution, thanks to today’s technology, we can continue to practice our values in accordance with the times.
Aventura Turnberry Jewish Center
Click here for a number of online learning opportunities.
Temple Beth Am
· Beth Am clergy will explore a range of subjects from the Jewish Broadway to love in the Torah and everything in between. Classes available each weekday at 12 noon. Click on the event on the calendar here.
· Torah study with Rabbi Jeremy Barras Saturdays at 9 am. No previous experience or Hebrew is required. Click on the event on the calendar here to join the study session.
· Virtual Rosh Chodesh singing meditation will take place Thursday, March 26 at 7 pm on Rabbi’s Marc Philippe’s Facebook account.
· For more information, visit tesobe.org
Temple Israel of Greater Miami
· Torah study at Joseph’s Table on Saturdays at 11:30 am. Participate through Zoom with this link.
· Quarantine University provides a unique and experimental way to stay connected and learn with each other using Zoom. All sessions will be held at their assigned time by using this Zoom link.
· For more information, click here.
· Join Rabbi Litwak for a virtual havdalah happy hour on Saturday, April 4 at 8pm to meet new friends and share stories. Click here to join.
· Keep that brain sharp and boredom at bay with a variety of virtual classes via Zoom. Click here for more details.
More Events and Learning
A new way to connect with Hillel
Learn from Moishe House residents in Shanghai, Rome and Seattle about their experiences on the ground and how they continue to lead in the wake of such uncertainty.
Enjoy the best of the Miami Jewish Film Festival from home
Tune into The Forward, an online newspaper that delivers incisive coverage of the issues, ideas and institutions that matter to American Jews.
Read and share ideas with fellow bibliophiles
Congregation Dor Chadash connects members by phone
Hear from one of the world’s top authorities on the pandemic
ADL offers a series of new webinars
United Jewish Generations offers online connections for seniors
Free Jewish learning online
Join other members of your Jewish community at Parshat Hashavua class every Wednesday at 10 a.m. via Zoom.
The Florence Melton School of Adult Jewish Learning is offering free online classes via Zoom.
Young adults celebrate Shabbat alone, TOGETHER
Keep children with disabilities active during these difficult days
Let CAJE help you celebrate a different kind of Passover
Idan Raichel's recording of his mini concert.
Beit Issie Shapiro, a Federation partner and Israel’s leading provider of innovative therapies for children and adults across the entire range of disabilities, has a special accessible Kabbalat Shabbat
in English for kids with disabilities
Please join the Hebrew University of Jerusalem for another week of our special webinar series focused on the coronavirus. All webinars are in English. Click here
for the schedule and to register.
Take advantage of JFNA’s free resources that address the ongoing pandemic and how it’s affecting our resources and partners around the world. Click here
for more details and to register.
Join the ICA for an online community Kabbalat Shabbat Israeli-style with special guests Israeli television host, singer and actress Einat Sarouf and news reporter Sivan Rahav Meir on Friday, March 27 at 5:30 pm. Wear white Shabbat clothes, bring candles, wine and challah for this unique celebration. Register here