Administrative Assistant for the Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC) & Office of Community Security (OCS)
ABOUT THE FEDERATION
The Greater Miami Jewish Federation mobilizes human and financial resources for the Jewish community locally, in Israel, and around the world.
ABOUT OUR DEPARTMENTS
The Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC) is a standing Committee of the Greater Miami Jewish Federation, serves as the public policy and advocacy arm of the Federation and is the instrument through which the organized Jewish community can explore and develop policies on issues affecting the community. Under its government affairs component, the JCRC is responsible for efforts to maximize government funding that is available for programs and services operated by Federation beneficiary agencies, and for efforts to promote social policies that enhance the quality of life for all people.
The Office of Community Security (OCS) is tasked with implementing a tangible strategic plan to foster a safe and secure Jewish community environment in Miami-Dade County. The Director recommends and implements solutions related to establishing and monitoring community-wide security policies, regulations, guidelines, standards and priorities, which is accomplished through education, safety awareness, communication, community training, identifying potential vulnerabilities and physically securing Jewish institutions to minimize risk.
Both departments require the ability to innovate, maintain exceptional attention to detail, and exercise excellent time-management skills. The ability to work on multiple projects at once and juggle competing priorities is critical. Remaining flexible and responding favorably to change especially in times of crisis is a must.
This position provides administrative support to the director of the Office of Community Security and director of the Jewish Community Relations Council.
- EVENTS AND PROGRAMS: Our departments convene and/or co-sponsor numerous programs and events throughout the year.They range from regularly scheduled member and task force meetings to one-time community-wide programs and/or conferences.Each event requires administrative support in executing the logistics and administration. Activities in this area include: room reservation, placement of event on calendars, RSVP management, ordering food, registration management, payment processing, preparation of name tags, copying materials, taking minutes and any other duties that may be needed.
- BASIC DEPARTMENTAL FUNCTIONS: Support the flow of work for the various departments, helping maintain multiple calendars, scheduling meetings and events, assisting in managing the directors’ schedules.Support the flow of communications as well as other basic functions, such as copying, mailing, faxing, creating invoices, and check requests. Enter data of committee membership and meeting attendance into Blackbaud (CRM). Type, edit and proofread documents. Make travel arrangements. Organize security conferences and seminars, maintain formal community messaging system used to communicate with the Jewish community and local law enforcement. Assist with on-site visits and security assessments of Jewish institutions.
- CREATIVE DESIGN SKILLS: Ability to create marketing materials, flyers and invitations using Publisher and other programs.
- ORGANIZATION-WIDE FUNCTIONS: Support major organization-wide fundraising events in areas such as registration and, along with the other assistants, cover reception when the receptionist is not available.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
- Excellent computer skills: This includes basic programs such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Quickbooks and Blackbaud (CRM).Also, able to understand and learn basic database input, querying, reporting, and exporting.Able to learn new technology quickly.
- Excellent people skills: Able to communicate and provide quality customer service to community members, including high level leadership.
- Planning/Organizing:Strong organization skills, attention to detail/record keeping, ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, self-manage and see processes through fruition.
- Highly efficient: Good time management with ability to meet deadlines.
- Communications: Strong written and oral communications skills. Proficient in English grammar and proofreading.
- Fast Paced: Able to work in a dynamic, active environment with constant activity.
- Adaptable/Team Player: Able to shift gears as priorities change. Positive outlook.
- Integrity: Ability to deal with sensitive material discreetly and confidentially.
- Knowledge and understanding of Jewish culture preferred.
Bachelor’s degree preferred; four or more years of experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please submit resumes to [email protected].
Greater Miami Jewish Federation is an equal opportunity employer.