Assistant to President/CEO – Board Liaison
The Greater Miami Jewish Federation seeks a highly organized, self-motivated, and mission-driven professional to join our team as Assistant to President/CEO – Board Liaison. Working closely with the President/CEO and the Executive Office on a richly diverse set of responsibilities and projects, the successful candidate will interact regularly with top-tier volunteer leaders and donors, Federation’s Senior Management Team, and various members of the community.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 3-4 years professional experience, a bachelor’s level college degree, excellent writing skills, and proficiency in the basic Microsoft Office suite of programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with Jewish culture and traditions is desirable.
Specific Responsibilities:The Assistant to the President/Chief Executive Officer – Board Liaison reports to the President/CEO managing special projects; assisting with correspondence; providing staff support to the Board of Directors, Executive Committee, and Nominating Committee; and offering personalized service to the top tier of Federation volunteer leaders and donors.
Assistant to the President and Chief executive Officer
• Assist President/CEO with correspondence to major donors including, but not limited to, contribution acknowledgements and letters of congratulations and condolence.
• Manage the distribution of High Holiday cards for the President/CEO, including selection of card, creation of mailing list and personalized messages.
• Responsibility for a variety of special projects and tasks as assigned by President/CEO.
Board of Directors
• Coordinate Board of Directors and Executive Committee meetings, including preparation of agendas, reports, notes for Chair of the Board and attendance reports.
• Prepare Minutes of each meeting.
• Update Board Manual, Staff Directory, and Glossary of Federation terms for new Board members.
• Manage New Board Orientations for incoming members of the Board.
Board of Directors Nominating Process
Manage Nominating Process including identifying members of the Nominating Committee, recommendations for new Board members, and updating Standing Committee Chairs and those serving as per the bylaws.
• Update Nominating Committee Manual.
• Staff Nominating Committee meeting.
• Prepare a Board report for Board of Directors meeting.
• Work with Marketing & Communications to produce annual Board slate for publication.
• Work with Marketing & Communications to update GMJF letterhead annually.
• Read daily obituaries to identify deceased and/or surviving family in GMJF database.
• Provide confirmed information for distribution to Data Services and staff.
• Draft condolence notes for distribution to the Board and staff.
Philanthropic Grant Management and Support
• Process requests for financial assistance from specific charitable funds held by GMJF.
• Track allocations and provide monthly allocations report to Planning & Distribution Department.
• Create periodic reports to specific philanthropic foundation donors for accountability and stewardship.
• Coordinate attendance and payments for Federation professionals at agency or communal events. When appropriate, provide congratulatory letters for agency ad journals.
• Research and provide documentation to the Director of Philanthropic Initiatives regarding potential donors. Assist with correspondence as needed.
• Work with Marketing & Communications to proof documents pertaining to Board of Directors, including Roll of Honor, Annual Report, and Federation letterhead.
Bylaws Revisions (as needed)
• Research recent bylaws changes from other Federations.
• Manage process for bylaws revisions and present for Board of Directors approval.
• Provide or arrange for donors to have access to people and places where opportunities for education and inspiration are of interest.
• Provide full range of concierge services to top-tier Federation volunteer leaders and donors as requested.
➢ Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits and generous PTO.
➢ The Greater Miami Jewish Federation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values a diverse and inclusive workforce.
➢ Please submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org