The Jewish community is dedicated to promoting the well-being of young people. With BeWell, you will find support and tools to respond to the growing mental health concerns of young people aged 12 to 26, and resources for adolescents, parents, caregivers and Jewish professionals.
Local Support Lines:
- Call 1.833.90BWELL (833.902.9355) or text BEWELL to 898211.
- Jewish Community Services Access:
JCS Access professionals are available from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Thursday, and 9 a.m.-4 p.m. on Fridays. JCS maintains a 24-hour, on-call service that is staffed by Helpline Counselors after hours and on weekends.
Help at Your Fingertips: Support Services for Teens by Teens:
- Here.Now. Archive | My Jewish Learning: Created by teens for teens, youth can connect with other teens, share their stories and find real answers to their mental health questions and concerns.
- Teen Talk App | Teens Supporting Teens: Teen Talk is a free mobile app that helps teens access social and emotional support from a group of people they trust most: their peers.
- Touching the Heart : A text-messaging program provides messages of support and well-being for high school seniors through graduate school, as well as young professionals and parents.
National Resources and Hotlines:
Crisis Support Lines:
- Suicide and Crisis Lifeline:
Call or text to reach a trained counselor 24/7. This communication is confidential and free.
- Crisis Text Line:
TEXT HOME to 741741.
This communication is available 24/7.
Eating Disorder Support Line:
- National Eating Disorders Association Helpline (call or text):
1.800.931.2237 or Text NEDA 741741
LGBTQ Support Lines:
- LGBT National Youth Talkline:
- JQ Helpline:
Call or text 855.JQI.HLPS (855.574.4577).
The Jewish Queer International Helpline provides inclusive support and resources for LGBTQ+ Jews, their families, and allies.
- The Trevor Project:
Call 866.488.7386 or text START to 678678
Trained counselors are available 24/7 to support youth who are in crisis, feeling suicidal, or in need of a safe and judgement-free place to talk. Specializing in supporting the LGBTQ+ community
Substance Use/Abuse Support Line:
- National Drug Helpline:
The National Drug Helpline is a free, confidential, 24/7 drug and alcohol hotline that can help you start your journey toward a better future. The helpline is open to everyone. You can call the hotline to get information for yourself, a friend or family member.
For more information about the BeWell Miami Initiative, please contact BeWell Miami Coordinator, Shoshana Farbman, by e-mail at [email protected] or by phone at 786.866.8413.