Database and Process Improvement Analyst
The Database Application and Process Improvement Analyst will play a lead role in enhancing and optimizing our processes and the donor database that includes our customer relationship management (CRM) system and transaction processing system (TPS). If you enjoy advancing and simplifying user functionality, automating and integrating process flows, and creating complex queries and scripts, while supporting daily operations, this is an ideal opportunity.
The Greater Miami Jewish Federation is a nonprofit that mobilizes human and financial resources to change lives here at home, in Israel and in more than seventy countries around the world. The Federation identifies, supports, and addresses the full range of social service issues, provides humanitarian relief, and sustains the Jewish community. To accomplish these goals, Federation engages thousands of community members and raises and distributes millions of dollars each year.
The Data Services Department:
The department serves as the operational backbone of the organization, processing transactions and maintaining contact, demographic, pledge, donation and other relevant information on constituents. The department provides others with data and analytics to advance engagement, donation enablement, cultivation, event management, customer service and decision-making.
What Will You Do:
Ensure the overall health, functionality, and usability of our Blackbaud CRM system and support and enhance associated processes and data flows.
• Enhance database functionality and usability: design forms, tabs, templates, dashboards and other customizations; set up and test features; and develop triggers.
• Work collaboratively to manage and continuously improve operations: help to automate and standardize processes and quality measures.
• Develop and execute query-based exports to support fundraising, operations, telemarketing, communications, finance, and decision-making analytics.
• Append and enhance data: extract, structure, enrich and convert data to match target source (ETL) to enhance the database and support business intelligence.
• Proactively manage data accuracy and completeness with standardized work and quality assurance measures. Work collaboratively on data governance.
• Maintain the system at optimal levels: Adhere to schedule for updates, service packs, and data tuning; write scripts; annual business processes and implement global changes.
• Review and approve daily transactions when necessary.
Qualifications and Competencies:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science or information systems. Minor or secondary degree in industrial engineering or operations management is a plus. Master’s in a related field is a plus.
• 2-4 years of experience in database development or database management.
• Knowledge of SQL and automated ETL tools; experience with Blackbaud CRM, a plus.
• Experience working with Microsoft Visual Studio, XML and Java; HTML a plus.
• Experience with Power BI/Dax and SQL Report Builder; experience with Excel Power Query and Power Pivot (Excel macros a plus); experience with Teams, Power Automate and Dataverse, a plus.
• Strong system/process mindset with a customer-focused orientation. Able to learn technology quickly and independently.
• Basic understanding of principles of operational excellence, experience with process mapping tools, VISIO or Smartdraw, a plus.
Personal Qualities You Have:
• Enabler of change.
• Respect for people.
• Team player.
• Maintain confidentiality.
Please submit resume to FederationJobs@gmjf.org
No recruiters please.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Greater Miami Jewish Federation is an equal opportunity employer.