Women’s Philanthropy Celebrates Community at Annual Meeting
Federation Women’s Philanthropy held its Annual Meeting and Installation Brunch on Wednesday, May 16, at the Jewish Museum of Florida – FIU, a Federation partner agency. The inspiring event honored the outgoing Board members, while welcoming new officers to the Executive and Constituent Area Boards. Women's Philanthropy President Sara Bejar, reflected on the past year's achievements and acknowledged that women are responsible for approximately one-third of Federation's Annual Campaign. She also shared six precise ways for leaders to make their message resonate, according to author and leadership expert Todd Henry: Be authentic. Be unique. Be precise. Be consistent. Be empathetic. Be attuned to timing. "If we apply these six principles," said Bejar, "we will cultivate ourselves as better leaders and we'll find our influence multiplying in ways we never expected."
The event also featured a viewing of “Stranded in Shanghai, 1946,” by American photojournalist Arthur Rothstein currently on display. The exhibit captures the lives Jewish refugees in Shanghai, China. Susan Gladstone, Museum Director, shared the meaning and significance of the exhibit, as well as the Museum's history.
The 2018-2019 Executive Board includes:
• Sara Bejar, President
• Ilene Kossman, Campaign Chair
• Tammy Woldenberg, Major Gifts Chair
• Silvia Assor, Michelle Ben-Aviv, Melissa Buckner and Marlene Chavin, Vice Presidents of Area Campaign Development
• Lisa Weiner, Vice President of Education & Leadership
• Brenda Nullman, Vice President of Outreach & Development
• Phyllis Sheinman, Secretary
• Belinda Gilbert, Parliamentarian
• Sheree Savar, Immediate Past President/Nominating Committee Chair
• Yael Ackerman, Gisela Ades, Amanda Adler, Olga Blavatnik, Pam Behar, Lily Furst, Lisa E. Goldstein, Alisa Oppenheim, Joanna Segal and Mindy Solomon, Members-at-Large
To learn more about Women’s Philanthropy and how to get involved, contact Ofi Osin-Cohen at OOsinfirstname.lastname@example.org or 786.866.8440.