PJ Library Coordinator
Position: PJ Library Program Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Community Planning
The Greater Miami Jewish Federation is the heart of the Miami Jewish community, convening community members who envision, plan, and raise funds for a strong and vibrant Jewish future. Federation mobilizes human and financial resources to care for those in need, strengthen Jewish life, and advance the unity, values, and shared purpose of the Jewish people.
About PJ Library in Miami: PJ Library, an award-winning Jewish family engagement program created by the Harold Grinspoon Foundation (HGF), strengthens Jewish identities, and serves as an outreach and family engagement vehicle for Jewish organizations. PJ Library delivers the gift of free, high-quality Jewish books and music each month to families raising Jewish children ages 0-12. To date, nearly 443,000 books have been mailed to families in Miami. Locally, the program is a gift to the community from the Greater Miami Jewish Federation (GMJF), made possible by the Harold Grinspoon Foundation and the Blank Family Foundation.
Position Overview: The PJ Library Program Coordinator will oversee Miami’s successful 14-year-old PJ Library program by managing, promoting, and implementing this community-based initiative. This includes the PJ Library program for children 0-8 years old and PJ Our Way, the program for tweens ages 9-12 years old.
- Develop and promote programs throughout the community for PJ Library families.
- Work collaboratively with Community Partners such as synagogues, schools and JCC’s to develop programs around PJ Library books and themes.
- Strengthen existing Community Partner relationships and create new ones.
- Manage the local enrollment and renewals process and communicate with GMJF’s data services to ensure accuracy of information.
- Manage the operational aspects of the program including budget, billing, and payments.
- Support the PJ Library committee of lay leaders in their goals.
- Create monthly newsletter.
- Communicate and collaborate with PJ Library at the National level.
- Participate in PJ Library Professionals’ meetings and trainings.
- Create and submit bi-annual status reports to funders.
- Manage PJ Library webpage and all social media platforms.
- Represent PJ Library at appropriate community and GMJF events.
- Attend the annual PJ Library Conference.
- Coordinate professional development opportunities related to using PJ Library books within a school’s curriculum.
- Market and support the PJ Our Way program.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
A successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- An understanding of families with young children.
- A working knowledge of Miami’s Jewish community.
- Demonstrable interest and commitment to the mission and vision of PJ Library and the Harold Grinspoon Foundation and Greater Miami Jewish Federation.
- Confidence and effective leadership skills.
- Entrepreneurial inclination and ability to operate within fast paced environments.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with the MS Office suite of programs and comfort with database programs.
Preferred qualities include:
- Knowledge of or familiarity with non-profit organizations.
- Knowledge of child development and early education.
- Experience working with volunteers and committee process.
A valid driver’s license and access to a car is required.
Greater Miami Jewish Federation is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send all responses to: pjjob@JewishMiami.org