Administrative Assistant to The Network
The purpose of The Network is to create a variety of programs and activities for the under 45 division of the federation under the auspices of the Greater Miami Jewish Federation. Working in a team environment, this position provides administrative support to The Network Director and Campaign Associate to ensure efficient operation.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
· Answer and direct phone calls, take messages and relay necessary information.
· Open, sort and distribute mail and other correspondence.
· Become a proficient user of the Federation’s donor database program.
· Prepare thank you letters by running weekly mailing process through donor database program. When necessary, make thank you calls to contributors, as well.
· Create various reports through donor database program and organize them for quick access.
· Ensure readiness for meetings/events – order food, book room, materials (tags, pledge cards, assignments, agendas), set up phone line for conference calls, request AV equipment, confirm and follow up as needed.
· Assist with special events – recruitment, couvert collection, work registration at events, etc. (including evening events)
· Prepare pledge cards for processing & distribution.
· Process checks and credit card payments to be forwarded to the main office.
· Prepare and submit expense reports for processing.
· Submit invoices to accounting for payment.
· Handle petty cash and maintain records of transactions.
· Maintain appropriate levels of office supplies and materials as well as office and storage room tidiness.
· Create and send birthday, anniversary and condolence cards.
· Prepare mailings, inclusive of flyers, letters, birthday & anniversary cards, etc.
· Manage postage and run monthly reports for usage.
· Maintain contact lists and board/committee lists.
· Research information on contributors and non-contributors when requested.
· Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point are essential. Most importantly, the ability to apply all aspects of the Federation’s donor base computer system, with the ability to utilize merge functions in all of these programs. Experience with mail merges. Competency with other database programs a plus.
· Interpersonal skills: Excellent people skills, patience, and courtesy required to ensure great customer service with volunteers, staff, and vendors in person and by telephone.
· Planning/organizing: Ability to plan work activities, multi-task, and use time efficiently. Requires excellent organization and continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
· Adaptability: The individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
· Maintains confidentiality: Ability to deal with sensitive material discreetly and confidentially.
· Dependability: The individual is consistently on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
· Written and oral communication: Command of the English and Spanish language, including written and oral communication skills; professional telephone manner. English and Spanish speaker is required.
· Self-motivated – able to operate without constant supervision.
· Knowledge and understanding of Jewish culture a plus.
High school diploma or GED, Bachelor’s degree preferred; four or more years of experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Greater Miami Jewish Federation is an equal opportunity employer.
E-mail resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com .