Assistant Database Manager
ABOUT THE POSITION: The Assistant Database Manager will oversee the updating of customer contact information and transaction information in the donor database. Position will focus on maintaining the integrity of the data and the accuracy and timeliness of entering transactions. The Assistant Manager will also train staff and maintain the standards and procedures for data entry. The position requires a solid understanding of CRM and how it can used across the organization, a proven customer service orientation, and a commitment to the seriousness of data integrity and standardization of procedures.
ABOUT THE FEDERATION: The Greater Miami Jewish Federation is a nonprofit that mobilizes human and financial resources to change lives here at home, in Israel and in more than seventy countries around the world. The Federation identifies, supports, and addresses the full range of social service issues, provides humanitarian relief, and sustains the Jewish community. To accomplish these goals, Federation engages thousands of community members and raises and distributes millions of dollars each year.
THE DATA SERVICES DEPARTMENT: The department serves as the operational backbone of the organization, processing transactions and, maintaining contact, demographic, pledge, donation and other relevant information on constituents. The department provides others with data to advance engagement, cultivation, event management, customer service and decision-making.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Supervise and enter transactions and customer information. Ensure that standards and procedures are followed related to data accuracy and integrity. Manage and approve batches and queues and maintain high degree of satisfaction with accuracy and turnaround time. This includes:
o Entry of transactions, such as pledges, donations, and credit card transactions.
o Input of customer information, such as new or revised contact information, mail returns, and demographic information, such as marriage, divorce and deaths.
o Entry and maintenance of payment installment plans, credit cards declines, write-offs and adjustments, in conjunction with Donor Relations.
o Production of donor acknowledgements and receipts and other donor communications.
• Produce Lists and Basic Queries: Produce exports from the system for common reports, such as mailing lists, telemarketing lists, phonathon lists, etc.
• Train new and current staff on Blackbaud system, including navigation, reporting and on organizational policies and standards. Support the maintenance of clear and easy-to-follow standards for policies and procedures.
• Help to optimize the use of the Federation’s fundraising software by staying current on upcoming enhancements and industry trends.
• Support the continuous improvement of the speed, accuracy, quality and usability of the data. Help to develop and support data integrity and monitoring systems.
• Manage naming conventions, validation rules, workflows, and approval processes.
• Supervise staff.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Database or Information Technology. Relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
• Five years of related experience in a nonprofit. Previous experience with Blackbaud CRM and/or expertise in record management. Knowledge of basic fundraising and donor relations processes.
• Strong customer service and organizational skills. Attention to detail.
• Ability to supervise and train others.
• Effective written and oral communications skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Work well under pressure with periodic heavy loads in a team environment.
• Proficiency with standard computer programs such as MS Office.
DISCLAIMER: The information presented includes the general list of responsibilities, but it is not meant to be comprehensive listing of all duties.
STATUS: Full-time, exempt in the Main Office. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Greater Miami Jewish Federation is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit resume: email@example.com