Partnering in Israel
Our Miami Jewish community works directly with three Israeli communities: Yerucham, the Negev and Or Akiva. These partnerships reflect Federation’s commitment to the people of our homeland. Additionally, we are working with other organizations to support the welfare of women and girls in Irsael.
A little more than a decade ago, the Miami Jewish community created a long-term relationship with Yerucham, a city of approximately 10,000 residents in the Negev desert. With an inspiring and meaningful bond focusing on people-to-people relationships, the partnership has improved the quality of life for those in Yerucham and the surrounding communities.
- Youth Futures, which gives at-risk children adult mentors and academic and emotional support.
- School twinning, which pairs students of Jewish days schools in Miami with students at schools in Yerucham so they can correspond, learn and grow together.
- Robotics program, which brings Yerucham’s award-winning robotics curriculum and teacher training as well as its robotics team to Miami Jewish day school students and JCC campers.
- Global Intergenerational Initiative, which pairs grandparents with their grandchildren in both Miami and Yerucham for a year of collaborative learning.
- HaZamir International Jewish Team Choir, which gives Miami-Dade and Yerucham teens a unique opportunity to form close bonds with their peers through music.
- The Jewish Women's Funding Network, which is a collaboration of 25 organizations dedicated to transforming the world for women and girls in Israel. The Young Leadership Division advocates for gender equality and funds programs that focus on working women, employment policies and labor rights. Click here for more information.
Join the Miami-Yerucham Partnership page on Facebook.
The Negev Region
Federation also supports the development of the Negev region through the Negev Business Loan Fund, which provides loans to small businesses and promotes economic entrepreneurship.
Collaborating with three other Federation communities, we are involved with the Negev Now Initiative where we are working together as influencers with unique partners to develop, innovate and promote new ideas to strengthen the Negev as a whole.
For nearly 30 years, Miami’s Jewish community has partnered with residents of Or Akiva, located near Caesarea and the Mediterranean Sea to support programs that offer social and educational services.