Digital Communications Manager
The objective of this position is to use digital content and media strategies to achieve our outreach, engagement, and fundraising goals. The Digital Communications Manager will help establish and build our brand, serving as the voice of the Greater Miami Jewish Federation in the digital landscape. A creative and strategic thinker, this individual will develop and execute digital communication strategies as part of a cross-functional marketing and communications team.
Position reports to: Chief Marketing & Communications Officer
- Develops comprehensive, data-driven, strategic digital marketing plans across owned and paid channels.
- Identifies the appropriate platforms, tactics, and budgets to reach various target audiences.
- Determines how to use digital media tactics to pull constituents through the engagement funnel with a focus on giving.
- Translates the Federation’s brand identity into digital communications; maintains brand standards and ensures consistency across all marketing and communication channels. Consults with internal marketing clients on achieving their goals through digital media.
- Develops and implements digital marketing campaigns that meet internal objectives.
- Plans ad buys on social media platforms and manages the internal and external approval processes.
- Creates and manages a robust content calendar for all digital platforms, including but not limited to the website, email, and social media.
- Develops and implements SEO/SEM strategy to drive brand engagement and conversions for the Federation.
- Plans digital retargeting campaigns for various projects.
- Manages all social media writing, design, posting, and advertising.
- Creates and designs graphics to display on all channels.
- Creates videos and other engaging digital content to convey specific messaging.
- Establishes and tracks key performance indicators using tools like Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager and other digital measurement platforms.
- Analyzes data to evaluate performance and identify issues and opportunities.
- Develops and implements recommendations for improving performance based on objectives.
- Manages and secures all digital assets and maintains an asset library.
- Understanding of photo and music licensing and sourcing.
- Streamline processes to create more efficient execution of digital marketing campaigns on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Keep Federation websites and microsites updated, interesting, and relevant
- Understanding of A/B testing and other evaluation methodology
- Understanding of end-to-end workflow and how the digital platform interacts with the organization at various touchpoints.
- Oversee outside vendors including developers, freelancers, AV, and designers. This includes opening “tickets” and following up to make sure requests are processed, troubleshooting web issues, design requests, edits, and more.
- Work with writers and designer to process e-blasts including design changes, copyediting, and list uploads.
- Process of planning event graphics and audio for large in-person and virtual events.
- Experience with video creation and related software such as Final Cut Pro, and iMovie.
- Additional skill in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign a plus
- Experience with CRM databases, URL tracking setup and project management tools
- Exceptional writing, proofreading, design sensibilities, and organization skills
- Knowledge of digital ads best practices
- Skilled at working with various software platforms, reporting tools and effectively managing your workloads along with the teams.
- Collaborate as part of cross-functional teams on fundraising and marketing campaigns, including efforts focused on the Annual Federation/UJA Campaign, giving opportunities, and Jewish holidays
- Work cross-collaboratively to produce polished, effective email and digital marketing campaigns for fundraising efforts and community engagement programs across all projects, capturing the attention of key stakeholders, including donors and lay leaders.
- Familiarity with Jewish culture, values, traditions, and history.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, digital media, or a related field.
- Advanced digital marketing skills.
- Minimum of three to five years of related work experience in digital communications and content creation.
- Knowledge of current trends and innovations in social media, digital measurement and analytics
- Proven ability to develop and design relevant and engaging content that aligns with brand strategy.
- Keen understanding of target audiences and creating digital strategies and segments to message those audiences through organic and paid media opportunities.
- Superior writing and proofreading skills, excellent oral communication skills.
- Extremely organized with the ability to handle tight deadlines, multiple projects and high volume with limited supervision.
- Highly proficient in Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and TikTok including content creation, implementation, and reporting.
- Proficient in Facebook and Instagram advertising strategy and implementation – Meta Ads Manager.
- Proficient in smartphone camera photography
- Proficient in web-based design tools
- Expert in website content management system email marketing
- Proficient in HTML including setting up a photo, link, adjusting spacing, padding, etc. with the goal of making web updates.
- Expert in Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience using Google AdWords and Google Analytics and using data to drive decisions.
- Experience in implementing and managing SEO/web advertising campaigns.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud.
- This is a hybrid position with a combination of in-office and remote work.
- This is a full-time exempt position.
- The Greater Miami Jewish Federation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, submit your cover letter, resume, salary requirements and two writing samples (highlight your social media portfolio, your best email campaign, or any other sample that showcases your creative voice and style) to Communicationjob@gmjf.org