Executive Assistant to the President and CEO
About the Organization
The Greater Miami Jewish Federation (GMJF) is the central fundraising and community-building organization serving the diverse and growing Jewish population of Miami-Dade County, Florida.In ordinary and extraordinary times, we strive to enrich the quality of life here in Miami, in Israel, and throughout the world. Our workforce boasts a dedicated and diverse group of colleagues who work collaboratively in pursuit of the organization’s mission.
The Executive Assistant will report directly to the President and CEO and provide administrative support to the GMJF Senior Management Team, Board of Directors, Executive Committee, and the various departments to ensure the efficient day-to-day operations of the GMJF Executive Office.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the Executive Office.
- Extensive calendar management and meeting planning.
- Travel arrangements coordination and expense tracking.
- Assist in drafting, formatting, and distributing correspondence on behalf of the CEO and Chair of the Board.
- Organize and manage logistics for in-person and remote meetings.
- Research, compile, and track information to support the CEO's initiatives.
- Interacting with staff and lay leadership to promote collaboration and organizational culture.
- Update organizational database as required to reflect both volunteer and CEO activities.
- Organizational Operations
- Maintain and track employee roster
- Create and maintain the GMJF organizational chart
- Assist in new employee onboarding
- Project management as needed for staff functions and conferences
- Facilities & Operations Management:Various projects as needed
- Special projects and duties are assigned occasionally, including supporting other departments, team members, and projects, as needed.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional with at least 5 years of experience providing C-Suite administrative support in a nonprofit organization or a related field. A strong work ethic, high professional standards, and a warm and collaborative personality are essential. Knowledge or familiarity with Jewish culture is a plus.
In addition, the following skills are required:
- Strong communication skills – both written and oral – and an outstanding command of the English language.
- Exceptional time management skills, including the ability to multi-task productively with attention to detail in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- At least intermediate proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite:Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, and Word.
- Capacity for discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to identify needs and accomplish work projects independently with minimal guidance and in a team setting.
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits and generous PTO.
- The Greater Miami Jewish Federation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Please submit cover letter and resume to: [email protected]