Jewish Incubator Grants
2022 Jewish Incubator Grants Request for Proposal
Jewish Incubator Grants Committee Co-Chairs: Jennifer Fine and Andrew Wolf
Applications are due by 4:00 PM on Friday, September 3, 2021.
Late applications will not be considered.
The Jewish Incubator Grants Committee provides grants from Federation’s annual campaign to organizations, synagogues, agencies and schools to develop innovative and/or impactful programs, services, projects and technologies that support and enrich Miami’s Jewish community and align with one or more of the following funding priorities, which are consistent with Federation’s mission and strategic objectives:
- A Safety Net for the Vulnerable – programs and services that care for those in need in Miami
- Educating and Advancing Jewish Identity – programs and services that increase participants’ knowledge of and connection to Jewish teachings, principles and traditions; and attract individuals/families to engage and/or strengthen their connection to Miami’s Jewish community and their Jewish identity
- Building Our Community – programs and services that promote a unified community that embodies a culture of service and advocacy
For the purposes of this process, innovative is defined as meeting one or more of the following:
- Creating something new in the Miami Jewish community that responds to an unmet need
- Adding a new component to an existing program
- Refashioning an existing program in a unique and creative way in order to increase its impact
For the purposes of this process, impact is associated with a program that:
- Provides content/support in an ongoing, meaningful way. One‐time programs will be considered but may have more difficulty demonstrating impact
- Has a clear outcome goal and reaches a significant number of Miami Jews or
- Has a clear outcome goal and reaches a small, targeted demographic that is either underserved or, has the potential to reach a broader audience in the community
- Has a clear outcome goal that is measurable
- Demonstrate potential for significant impact
- Promote collaboration among agencies, congregations and schools
- Meet an underserved or unmet need (e.g. needs caused by the COVID-19 pandemic)
- Are not already receiving funding (applicable to new program applications)
Eligible applicants include nonprofits with tax-exempt status (or fiscal sponsorship) that serve the Jewish community in Miami-Dade County. Nonprofits that currently receive other Federation grants must be in compliance with the terms of those awards to be considered. Only one application per organization will be accepted.
Grant Amounts & Use
Grants will range from $2,500 to $10,000 and will be competitively awarded to support new programs or the expansion of existing programs.
The grant amount will be based upon:
- Alignment with one or more of Federation’s funding priorities
- Program’s scope and scale
- Opportunities for collaboration with other organizations
- Extent to which the program is able to leverage additional funding sources
- Prospect for sustainability
- Unique, non-duplicative programming or services
Awards cannot be used for non-local travel, scholarships, events or capital projects. Grants will not cover more than 75 percent of the total program cost. Existing expenses can be considered as part of the agency’s total program budget, but will not be funded through the grant.
Due Date Applications are due by 4:00 PM on Friday, September 3, 2021.
Application and Grant Timeline
|September 3, 2021||Grant applications due|
|September – November 2021||Applications reviewed|
|December 2021||Awardees notified|
|January 2022||Funds awarded and grant year begins|
|March 2022||Site visits conducted|
|March 13, 2022||Awardees participate at Super Sunday|
|April 2022||Mid-year progress report due|
|October 2022||Final progress report due|
If you have any questions, please contact Bonnie Dawson at 786.866.8498 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical questions, please contact the Submittable Support team at submittable.com/contact.
To apply, please click here. You will be asked to create an account on the Submittable.com platform where you will be guided through the application form.