Junior Accountant for the Foundation
The Jr Accountant reports to the Assistant Controller and is responsible for a variety of accounting functions such as general ledger positing, account reconciliations and analysis, and financial reporting for the Foundation, which holds Federation’s endowment funds, donor-advised funds, supporting organizations, bequests, agency funds, life insurance policies and other long-term assets. Foundation’s investments are highly complex and include well-diversified traditional investments, as well as the alternatives such as private equity and venture capital funds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with full cycle accounting for the Foundation
• Prepare General Ledger entries as assigned
• Reconcile bank and investment accounts
• Process Accounts Payable and Receivable for specific donor-advised funds as assigned
• Analyze transactions and reconcile General Ledger accounts as assigned
• Work with an outsourced accounting company on certain funds
• Support Assistant Controller in carrying out accounting responsibilities
• Serve as backup to the Endowment Services Associate
• Provide reporting on special projects and internal financial reports as assigned
• Assist the department in preparation for the audit
• Recommend process improvements
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or currently pursuing the degree with at least 90 credits is required. Minimum 3.5 GPA is preferred.
• Accounting experience is not required.
• High attention to detail.
• Excellent data entry skills.
• Highly reliable.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Work well under pressure with periodic heavy loads in a team environment.
• Good communications skills.
• Proficiency in various computer software programs including MS Office and accounting systems.
Please submit resumes to FederationJobs@gmjf.org.
Greater Miami Jewish Federation is an equal opportunity employer.
No recruiters please.