Junior Investment Accountant, Foundation
The Junior Investment Accountant reports to the Assistant Controller and is responsible for a variety of accounting functions such as general ledger posting, account reconciliations, investment analysis, and financial reporting for the Foundation, which holds Federation’s endowment funds, donor-advised funds, supporting organizations, bequests, agency funds, life insurance policies and other long-term assets. Foundation’s investments are highly complex and include well-diversified traditional investments, as well as the alternatives such as private equity and venture capital funds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with full cycle accounting for Foundation’s investments, including certain Separately Managed Accounts (SMAs) and managers in the blended portfolio
• Prepare General Ledger entries as assigned
• Reconcile bank and investment accounts
• Process Accounts Payable and Receivable for specific donor-advised funds as assigned
• Analyze transactions and reconcile General Ledger accounts as assigned
• Work with third party administrator on certain funds
• Support Assistant Controller in carrying out accounting responsibilities
• Serve as backup to the Foundation’s Grants Manager and work closely with Foundation staff
• Provide reporting on special projects and internal financial reports as assigned
• Assist the department in preparation for the audit
• Serve as backup to other accounting team members
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other business major; or currently pursuing such a degree with at least 120 credits completed is required. Minimum 3.5 GPA is preferred.
• High attention to detail.
• Excellent data entry skills.
• Highly reliable.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Work well in a team environment, under pressure, and with periodic heavy loads.
• Good communications skills.
• Proficiency in various computer software programs including MS Office and specifically Excel.
• Knowledge of Jewish customs and traditions is a plus.
Please submit resumes to [email protected].
Greater Miami Jewish Federation is an equal opportunity employer. No recruiters please.