Volunteer CoordinatorThe Greater Miami Jewish Federation is the heart of the Miami Jewish community, convening community members who envision, plan, and raise funds for a strong and vibrant Jewish future. Federation mobilizes human and financial resources to care for those in need, strengthen Jewish life, and advance the unity, values, and shared purpose of the Jewish people.
About Federation’s Jewish Volunteer Center: The Jewish Volunteer Center (JVC) is a program of the Greater Miami Jewish Federation. The JVC encourages community members to use their talents to help others, to learn new skills, give back to the community and become engaged in Jewish life. The JVC offers volunteers a meaningful way to turn Jewish living into action by serving as a clearinghouse of needs-driven, high-impact, hands-on programming throughout Miami-Dade County.
Position Overview: The Jewish Volunteer Center is looking for a dynamic, service-oriented person to coordinate, recruit and retain volunteers. A successful Volunteer Coordinator should be passionate about volunteer work and uphold the values of Federation, while ensuring an excellent volunteer experience for our participants.
• Recruiting volunteers for JVC group and individual service opportunities.
• Coordinating the logistics for Everything but the Turkey, our largest day of service.
• Organizing efforts for December 25th Jewish Volunteer Day with the community.
• Engaging teens in our annual J-Serve youth volunteer day.
• Collecting volunteer information, in order to maintain up to date volunteer intake records for updates to our volunteer technology system.
• Using marketing tools such as social media, email and What’s App to promote the Jewish Volunteer Center.
• Keeping new and existing volunteers informed about upcoming volunteer opportunities and confirming their attendance for programs.
• Matching volunteers to individual opportunities that suit their skill sets, and ensuring they understand their responsibilities and receive the proper hand off to the agency they will assist.
• Maintaining relationships with organizations where volunteers are scheduled to serve.
• Establishing new relationships with organizations that can accommodate group volunteering either remotely or in person.
• Producing and updating a list of volunteer opportunities to share with volunteers who inquire about serving.
• Serve as the key staff member for the Jewish Refugee Program, Senior Companion program and North Dade Gives Back Volunteer Committee.
• Attend professional development programming and training.
• Other duties as assigned.
A successful candidate will possess:
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Experience in volunteering and recruitment.
• A working knowledge of Miami’s Jewish community.
• Demonstrable interest and commitment to the mission and vision of the Greater Miami Jewish Federation and the JVC.
• Confidence and effective leadership skills.
• Entrepreneurial inclination and ability to operate within fast paced environments.
• A Bachelor’s degree.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong computer skills including proficiency with the MS Office suite of programs and comfort with database programs.
Preferred qualities include:
• Knowledge of or familiarity with non-profit organizations.
• Experience working with volunteers and committee process.
A valid driver’s license and access to a car is required.
Greater Miami Jewish Federation is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org