Major Gifts Officer
The Greater Miami Jewish Federation seeks a dynamic and motivated professional to focus on the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major donors ($10,000+).
The Major Gifts Officer is an integral member of the Financial Resource Development team. The MGO works closely with senior FRD professional and volunteer leadership to implement priorities and devise fundraising strategies to enhance giving across streams of income. The successful candidate is responsible for donor cultivation, stewardship and solicitation, relationship building, management of volunteer solicitors, prospect research, recognition, and program and event planning.
- Identify major gift prospects and ensure appropriate assignment, cultivation, and solicitation across all streams of income (Annual Campaign, Foundation, Supplemental Gifts)
- Manage the MGO’s own portfolio of major donors and prospects
- Enhance and expand Major Donor recognition program
- Identify opportunities to engage volunteers, senior leadership, and the President and CEO in strategic cultivation and solicitation efforts
- Management of volunteer solicitors and senior FRD Professionals
- Lead staff of Major Donor programs, including the Pacesetter Event, GMJF’s annual fundraising dinner for donors over $10,000 or more with over 400 people in attendance
- Track record in building effective relationships leading to charitable support.
- Ability to work effectively as a leader and as part of a team
- Ability to function with a high degree of independence with donor pool, yet interact collaboratively with colleagues participating in and contributing to total team effort.
- Working knowledge of philanthropic vehicles in order to facilitate sophisticated philanthropic conversations
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Capacity to manage and organize information confidentially
- Proficient in Windows environment, including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends when necessary
- National and International travel may be required
- Minimum three to five years of progressively responsible development experience with emphasis on major gifts.
- Working knowledge of the Jewish community and Jewish Federation system a plus.
- Bachelor degree required; advanced degree preferred.
The Greater Miami Jewish Federation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send resumes to Abbey Feinberg, firstname.lastname@example.org 786-866-8425.