Need Based Jewish Overnight Summer Camp Scholarships - Deadline Tonight
Posted by Flora Akselrad on 11/27/2018 @ 01:56 PM
The Greater Miami Jewish Federation is now accepting applications for 2019 Need-Based Jewish Overnight Summer Camp Scholarships for children between the ages of 8 and 17, to help make Jewish overnight summer camps more affordable for Miami-Dade County families.
Camper Eligibility Criteria:
• Miami-Dade County resident
• Ages 8 – 17
• Completed online application, see link below
• 2017 income tax return (Form 1040)
• Camp acceptance letter or invoice
• Funding assistance is available for Jewish overnight camps listed on the Foundation for Jewish Camp website, click here to find an eligible camp
• summer camp must be located in the United States
• Financial assistance is limited to one session only
Application deadline is Thursday, January 31, 2019 at 11:59PM. Late applications will not be accepted.
Recognizing that Jewish overnight camp is a significant vehicle for Jewish engagement, the Annual Federation /UJA Campaign has allocated $100,000 each year since 2002 for funding assistance. Last year, nearly 200 need-based scholarships were awarded to children, enabling them to attend a variety of overnight camps from all religious streams, as well as JCC overnight programs and youth group movements.
Additional Funding Resources:
• Foundation for Jewish Camp Scholarship Directory
• Contact your camp administrator to inquire about financial assistance
• Contact your rabbi or synagogue
• Interest free loans are available through the Hebrew Free Loan Association, 305.692.7555
For more information, call 786.866.8431 or email email@example.com